RISOTTO WITH NIEDDERA, PECORINO AND PISTACHIOS
- 350 g Carnaroli rice
- 400 ml Contini Nieddera Rosso
- approx. 400 ml meat broth
- ½ garlic clove (remove the stem in the middle)
- Two spoonfuls extra virgin olive oil
- One spring fresh rosemary
- 20g grated Pecorino and shavings to garnish
- Roasted chopped pistachios to garnish
Bring the broth to the boil and simmer.
Warm the oil in a thick-bottomed pan and add the rice, toast for 3 minutes on a low heat. Add the garlic and the sprig of rosemary and mix well. Add 100 ml of Nieddera Rosso to the rice, turn up the heat and let it evaporate. Keep stirring until it has been completely absorbed.
Remove the garlic and the rosemary, making sure there are no leaves left in the rice.
Add half the stock and the rest of the wine and cook on a high heat, stirring constantly. When the broth has been absorbed, pour the rest of it in and cook the rice until it is al dente.
Taste the rice to see if it is cooked to your liking and turn off the heat.
Add the grated Pecorino and, if you want, a drop of olive oil to the rice and mix.
Serve on a plate and garnish with the Pecorino shavings and the roasted chopped pistachios.
Made by Olivo restaurant - London